About The Chamber
Established in 1951 as the Wynnum Manly Chamber of Commerce, the organisation has undergone many changes over the years. Manly went its own way about ten years after formation and the Wynnum group became the Wynnum Traders Association. Then in 1973 it regained its Chamber status and in 2000, changed its name (and focus) to Wynnum Village Chamber of Commerce.
The organisation maintained this direction until 2006 when interest in the region as a residential and business hub dramatically increased. It was then that the Wynnum & Districts Chamber of Commerce began representing businesses located in the suburbs of Wynnum, Wynnum West, Hemmant, Lytton, Fishermans Island, Tingalpa, Wakerley and Murarrie.
From humble beginnings the Chamber is now a fully-fledged service provider to the business community. Now, from our very own Business Centre in Florence Street, Wynnum, we are able to deliver a wide range of business advisory services, training and other member benefits.
The Wynnum & Districts Chamber of Commerce is the peak business body in the Bayside. Through the efforts of leaders in the civic community we deliver value for members through advocacy, representation, advice, communication, promotion and camaraderie.
Our vision is to remain the benchmark for metropolitan Chambers of Commerce. We will achieve this through a culture of continuous improvement and offering our membership unparalleled levels of service and value for money.